By enlisting the services of Health by Design this telecommunications company has achieved the following great results so far this year:
- 82% voluntary average monthly engagement (well above industry averages)
- Improved staff morale
- Improved staff productivity and performance
- A reduction of employee health risks through reduced or improved blood pressure and cholesterol levels
This ongoing health program has been successful in terms of providing a range of health and injury prevention solutions, specific to the needs of the client. It includes: health promotion material, Healthy Heart Screens, health and injury prevention coaching, injury prevention testing and injury prevention material.
As a result of their tailored workplace health program, 81% of employees are making at least one behaviour change relating to their main risk area. This behaviour change represents an employee making a positive, sustained improvement to their health, wellbeing or injury prevention focus area.
Here is a selection of some of the more significant individual positive behaviour changes achieved so far during 2017.
- One employee has seen a physiotherapist after his initial health and injury prevention screening assessment. He has been experiencing pain and tightness in his shoulder, but with the advice from his HbD coach relating to appropriate exercise and stretching within his training the pain has reduced and he has improved his flexibility score.
- Another employee has been making an effort to reduce weight, improve health and energy. Her changes include workouts with a friend 3 times per week, running 1-2 times per week and netball twice a week. She has also been reducing portion sizes. These changes have resulted in a reduction of her waistline measurement and reduced body weight.
What will your workforce achieve with a Health by Design workplace health program? Contact us today to discuss how we can help your staff achieve high engagement and reduced health and injury risks.