By enlisting the services of Health by Design this shipping and transport company has achieved the following great results:
- 77% voluntary average monthly engagement from the entire workforce (well above industry averages)
- Improved staff morale
- Improved staff productivity and performance
- A reduction of employee health risks through improved or increased physical activity, nutrition, hydration and stretching for injury prevention.
This ongoing health program has been successful in terms of providing a range of health and injury prevention solutions, specific to the needs of the client.
As a result of their tailored workplace health program, a total of 91 behaviour changes were achieved by staff in 2015 with 52% of the entire workforce making at least one behaviour change. This behaviour change represents an employee making a positive, sustained improvement to their health, wellbeing or injury prevention focus area.
Here are a couple of examples of some of the more significant individual positive behaviour changes achieved during 2015.
- One employee has been stretching daily to relieve knee pain and tightness. In addition to this, by making more of an effort to ensure they consume more veggies (three to four serves per day) than fruit (one to two serves per day), their blood glucose readings moved from the high risk category to low risk.
- ·Another employee has been running a couple of days per week and stretching every few days to improve their range of movement to aid in reducing their pain and tightness. This employee improved their lower body flexibility by 5cm in just one month.
What will your workforce achieve with a Health by Design workplace health program? Contact us today to discuss how we can help your staff achieve high engagement and reduced health and injury risks. Unlocking the door to higher engagement