Strategic movement: reducing your risk of sitting disease.
Your body wasn’t designed to stay in one position all day.
It needs to move, stretch and bend! Why does it matter?
- Lack of movement tires the muscle out
- It puts strain on joints and ligaments
- Staying in one position is likely to cause injury and pain
Need some tips to keep moving?
- Move around during the day - set up a reminder on your phone or computer to get up and walk away from your workstation for a few minutes.
- Stretch to alleviate tension - stretch throughout the day to keep muscles relaxed.
- Practice good manual handling techniques.
- Always maintain good posture.
Need an extra helping hand at your workplace to reduce the number of injuries, aches & pains and increase employee productivity? Contact us today.