By enlisting the services of Health by Design this shipping company has achieved the following remarkable results so far this year:
- 82% voluntary average monthly engagement (well above industry averages)
- Improved staff morale
- Improved staff productivity and performance
- A reduction of employee health risks through reduced or improved blood pressure and cholesterol levels
This ongoing health program has been successful in terms of providing a range of health and injury prevention solutions, specific to the needs of the client. It includes health promotion material, Healthy Heart Screens, health and injury prevention coaching, injury prevention testing, injury prevention material and manual handling tasks analysis.
As a result of their tailored workplace health program, 67% of employees are making at least one behaviour change relating to their main risk area. This behaviour change represents an employee making a positive, sustained improvement to their health, wellbeing or injury prevention focus area.
Here is a selection of some of the more significant individual positive behaviour changes achieved so far during 2017:
- Following a Healthy Heart Screen with one of our coaches, one employee completely changed his lifestyle. He is now riding on the exercise bike in the company gym for 30 minutes, five days per week, he has completely stopped smoking and has also cut down his portion sizes at meal times. Over the course of just four weeks he decreased his waist circumference by 1cm, hips by 4cm and reduced his blood pressure which now sits in the healthy category. What a fantastic achievement!
- Another employee has been decreasing portion sizes and including bodyweight exercises in his daily routine. He has also increased his fruit and vegetable intake. All of which has resulted in a loss of 1.5cm from his waistline! We can’t wait to see what results the next visit brings!
- One employee has been making significant changes by reducing portion sizes, ensuring he consumes vegetables and good protein sources in all meals and added body weight exercises or cycling into his daily routine. Since late 2016 he has lost 10kg, reduced 7cm from his waist and brought his blood pressure down from the high risk category to increased risk. This is an amazing effort!
What will your workforce achieve with a Health by Design workplace health program? Contact us today to discuss how we can help your staff achieve high engagement and reduced health and injury risks.