You may have heard of heart health checks as part of a workplace health and wellbeing solution, but do you know WHY they are so important? Today we look at the links between a heart screen and overall health.
- Jaw pain could be a sign that your heart isn’t getting the oxygen it needs.
- Close to 80% of people with diabetes will die from a heart attack or stroke.
- Weight loss can help reduce your blood pressure by an average of 1 mmHg per kilo lost.
- A person with normal kidney function who is also presenting with rising blood pressure is likely to develop kidney disease in the next six years if they don’t receive blood pressure treatment.
- High cholesterol can create a bile imbalance, leading to gallstones. Research shows more than 80% of gallstones are cholesterol stones.
Heart disease is described as ‘the silent killer’ as it often has no symptoms. Taking part in a heart screen can help identify your level of risk. Contact us today to find out more and book in heart screens for your workplace.