New findings from the CSIRO Healthy Diet Score Survey have revealed that Australian diets are barely getting a "C" when it comes to our diets.
The scientifically validated survey is designed to assess diet quality against Australian Dietary Guidelines. The results are in and they are clear. We have a lot of work to do and changes to make!
Here is a stand-outs from the survey results:
- Junk food intake is 3 x higher than the recommended daily limit.
- Aussies are eating the equivalent of 32kg of chocolate each year.
- Larger portions of junk good are being consumed, more often - it has become mainstream and it is eaten every day!
- Construction workers need the most improvement.
- Total scores are lower among overweight and obese people.
A key recommendation that came out of the report was that, in order to improve diet & nutrition quality, it's important to start cutting back on consumption of junk food and to focus on eating smaller portions.
To find out more, read the press release here: http://www.csiro.au/en/News/News-releases/2015/Aussie-diets-fail-the-test
If you think it's time to educate your staff on the importance of good nutrition and to help them make some easy changes to their diet and lifestyle, simply contact us today to discuss what Health by Design workplace solutions would work best for your workplace.